Atlas Technologies, Inc Technical Writer II in North Charleston, South Carolina
*Desktop Services (DTS) Technical Writer II – *Atlas Technologies, Inc. is leading the way in the USCG’s newest networking technologies and systems. This immediate opening is for a DTS Technical Writer to support our USCG customer.
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Researches, develops and writes content for printed manuals, documentation and supporting materials for software, hardware, technical procedures and computer related services and creates graphical images, flow charts and diagrams as required for inclusion in documentation.
- Writes individualized copy of analytical, interpretive, documentary or promotional literature and organizes, enters and compiles online help files to support end users.
- Understands user’s level of proficiency, prepares documents accordingly. Maintains documentation and publications relating to users, systems, programming, operations, products and services following standard guidelines for technical publications.
- Interviews programmers, engineers, developers and other technical personnel to become familiar with product technology and development methods. Also gathers and researches technical information, including engineering and development information for use in documentation activities.
- Coordinates layout and organization of documentation working with graphics and printing production personnel or vendors, if applicable, to produce documentation.
- Contributes to continuous process improvement efforts as they relate to current job assignment and other improvements throughout the company when identified.
- Assists testing lead with development of software test plans, procedures, and reports, including researching software change logs and developing test procedures to validate functionality.
- Prepare and maintain documentation relating to systems, programming, and operations following Government policy/instructions/standards for technical publications.
- Update specific technical documentation to adhere to government standards.
- Provide reports of documentation progress, status, and issues.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Level Security Clearance
- Strong customer relations, documentation and oral communication skills
- Self-Motivated, strong work ethic and commitment to quality
- A passion for learning about, and working in the IT industry
- Advanced ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Ability to develop advanced reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients and customers.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Advanced Experience with Adobe, MS Word or other technical writing platforms.
- Computer hardware, software, or technical background is a plus.
- B.A. in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, Communications or related discipline.
- Six (6) years of experience developing, editing and maintaining technical documentation.
- Or High School Diploma or equivalent with Ten (10) years of experience developing, editing and maintaining technical documentation.
Atlas Technologies, Inc. is an innovative provider of leading edge Information Technology (IT) solutions to Government and industry partners. Our primary focus and experience covers network integration, cybersecurity, software development, engineering, and management.
Atlas takes pride in our highly experienced and driven employees who share our Core Values and our Vision of merging technology with integrity to create a positive impact for our clients, community and country.
Atlas offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package including: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life & Disability Insurance, Vacation/Sick/Holidays, 401k, Education Assistance, Charitable Matching, Pet Insurance, Flex Time, Employee Recognition and Ancillary Benefits.
Atlas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Visit our careers site to apply and join our growing team of professionals. Visit us onFacebook andGlassdoor to learn more about Atlas.
EEO is the Law Poster Pay Transparency Disability Rights
Department: Corporate Office
Location: North Charleston, SC